Open positions and collaboration
Postdoc position available
Host: Laboratory of Biophysics,
Condensed Matter Physics Department,
J. Stefan Institute
Address: Jamova cesta 39, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Formal frame: SmartNanoTox project
Head of the lab and responsible for the SmartNanoTox project: prof. dr. Janez ┼átrancar
Short description of work:
- Lifetime analysis with superresolution microscopy 2PE/STED FLIM
- Exploring the interactions between nanoparticles and cells as well as between light and cells & exploring the accompanying cellular structural changes
- Working with living cells (in vitro experiments)
Starting date: position is open
Ending date: between 2019 and 2020 (duration between 1 and 2 years)
Expected/Desired expertise of the candidate (in order of relevance/value):
- Familiarity with FLIM measurements
- Familiarity with superresolution or nonlinear imaging (STED / 2PE)
- Molecular biophysics background
- Physical background
- Expertise in working with nanoparticles/cells
- Life science background
Lacking of some expertise can be however substituted by high motivation / internal research drive / attitude to work!
Jozef Stefan Institute provides high-quality research experience with top research infrastructure and highly trained/interdisciplinary teams.
Slovenia provides a well-balanced living space with nice infrastructure and a high standard as well as outstandingly preserved natural environment and nice people.
Being a laboratory, deeply interested in everything regarding the living world as well as in smart solutions to (scientific) problems, we are highly open to
collaborations. Through the years, we have collaborated with private investors, industrial partners, and other research groups.
To arrange a collaboration with us,
please contact our head of the lab, prof. dr. Janez ┼átrancar.
Back to the top